From a presentation, students will write a printed script in broadcast news style. Judges will evaluate by reading aloud. Total running time for the script is 90 seconds (5 second leeway given). Students using
computers must save their entries as PDFs and have them completely printed by the end of the contest.
• The story follows appropriate broadcast journalism style.
• Intros and closings provided.
• Appropriate broadcast news style used.
• Correct grammar used.
• Story will be 90 seconds when read aloud. (5 second leeway given).
Writing Contests Guidelines
• Writers should bring pencils, pens, erasers, notebook paper, dictionary, thesaurus and stylebook. Students are allowed to bring computers. Some printers will be available, but students may wish to bring their own printer. Stories must be saved as PDFs and completely printed by the end of the contest.
• Style should be consistent throughout writing.