Advertising designers will conceive, write and design an advertisement which includes the name of the business and essential information about it as well as its relationship to student readers. A week before the convention, contest materials will be on the TAJE website, taje.org, for contestants to download. Copy and headline size, placement of copy, headline(s) or catch phrases/slogans and illustrations will be required. Ads may be black & white or color. Students must upload a completed PDF to email@example.com before the convention. Students must bring a printed copy of their design to the contest.
• Advertisement clearly identifies the product or service.
• Ad has pizazz; a center of visual impact captures and keeps readers.
• Ad shows good command of form (includes benefit headline and subhead, appeal to a need, call to action, etc.).
• Copy highlights key aspects; no errors in information.
• A unique approach gives advertisement a one-of-a-kind appeal in writing and design with an uncluttered design.
• Ad includes company stats.
Design Contest Rules
With the exception of Editorial Illustration and Yearbook Theme Package, design contest entries should be uploaded before the convention, and a hard copy will be carried in.
A week before the convention, contest materials will be on the TAJE website, taje.org, for contestants to download. Designers will select as many photos as they wish, crop and place photos. Students must upload a completed PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org before the convention.
Students must also bring a printed copy of the design to the contest. Students must attend the two-hour critique session at the convention.