Newspaper, Yearbook Photography Portfolio

Newspaper: Photographs must have appeared or will appear in the
newspaper from Nov. 1, to Oct. 1, of the current school year.

Yearbook: Photographs must have appeared in the most recent volume or will appear in the next volume of the yearbook.

Photography Portfolio: Students should enter at least three but no more than five photos. Photographs must have been taken between Nov. 1, and Oct. 1, of the current school year. Indicate how many photos are in the portfolio, as in “#1 of 3 photos.”

Images can be either color or black and white. Pictures need not be cropped for competition in the same manner as they appeared in the publication. Entries must be entered online at www.jeawriteoffs.org.

Advisers must be members of JEA for students to enter this contest. See general Photo Contests information below. Entries must be entered online no later than Oct. 1.

Checklist
• Deserving subject matter captures action and/or reaction.
• Imaginative, unique approach to traditional subjects.
• Lively, easy-to-consider composition with attention to artistic
techniques.
• Above reproach technical quality including sharp focus,
effective tonal quality and lack of flaws.
• Neatness in presentation.
• Captions must be included in Description field.

Uploaded Photo Contests Rules & Procedures
• Students may submit one entry per contest.
• Schools may enter three students per contest.
• Entries must be entered online at www.jeawriteoffs.org.
• Advisers must be members of JEA for students to enter this contest.
• Advisers should go to www.jeawriteoffs.org, log in and follow the directions for entering photos.
• Photos must be no more than 2000 pixels in the long direction and no larger than 2MB saved as RGB (or
grayscale), JPEG files.
• Images can be either color or black and white.
• Captions must be included in the Description field. For instructions on how to enter the caption information, go to http://www.atpi.org/submission/.
• Advisers may register contestants with student e-mail addresses so that students can log in and upload their own photos, or teachers may upload the photos for the students. DO NOT wait until the
contest deadline to enter students.
• DO NOT bring images to the convention. All critiques will be completed online. DO NOT mail the photographs.
• DO NOT submit images in which the content has been significantly digitally altered. Such images should be entered in the Photo Illustration competition.
• Photo illustrations are acceptable as part of a portfolio in the portfolio contest. Entries must be entered online no later than midnight Oct. 1.

TAJE • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in